Friday, May 23, 2008

I love LA

Or at least the few days I spent there with my friend Jen!! I don't know how everyone else is, but I have very few friends that I feel like I can actually just exhale and be myself around. I don't have to be guarded about what I think or say, I can just be honest. That's Jen. She lets me just be me, and she still seems to love me, though I can't see how sometimes. I have known Jen since I was 2 and she was 3. We were neighbors when my family lived in San Antonio. Maybe it's all the years of knowing me that have toughened her to my personality.

With my life all crazy right now with trying to think about a wedding (more about that later), getting paperwork done, trying to deal with money (or lack of), visitation schedules for friend and family and all kinds of other things, it was nice to visit someone else's life. Jen and her husband Jay just bought their first house and are busy working with a contractor to make some changes and decorate. She is also getting a masters degree in holistic nutrition AND is pregnant with her first baby. She has a full plate. We did things like shop for maternity clothes (gotta love a size 2 pair of maternity jeans), look at things for the new house and also were able to fit in a quick touristy visit to Hollywood Boulevard. We even had lunch with Lauren Graham from Gilmore Girls. What I mean by that is we were eating at the same sushi restaurant that she was. I also got some pictures by my favorite Hollywood star that we passed. Of course I can't find the cable to download my photos right now so I'll have to add them later....grrrrr....

I have been back in Houston a few days and now I'm headed to Lake Travis for a family weekend. It's been nice being home in Houston and seeing my friends, but I have to say, I'm ready to go back to Lille. I miss Cyr and seem to be easily frustrated and upset by everything that goes wrong. I don't think I'm normally this grumpy. Maybe it's just today that seems completely irritating. Oh well, only 12.5 hours left until it's Saturday. I'll post photos later.

1 comment:

Justin said...

How is the trip going? You still having a lot of fun? I hope all is well and you are enjoying yourself.