Sunday, November 1, 2009

Fancy Nancy

Dear Continental,

What ever did I do to you? Why hast thow forsaken me?! I am not quite sure what I have done to deserve to always, and by always I mean the last 4 flights to France I have taken, be sat in a seat that has a broken television, but I am sorry. I am truly sorry. Maybe it was that time I accidentally left a 1/2 a dozen used tissues in the thing that holds magazines. I was really sick and I actually just forgot. At least I put them in the barf bag and didn't just let them sick up the Sky Mall! I shudder to think what you would do in revenge for me spreading my germs not just within a bag made for puke, but in the seat back and onto the magazines. I just hope this public display of regret will find it's way to your little, cold, aerodynamically shaped heart and allow me a functioning entertainment system the next time I fly overseas.

Hugs to you Continental,
Susan


Ok, so now that that is out of the way I can get on to talking about our trip! Our flight, other than the 1/2 broken tv, was fine. It must have been our row, Cyr's only got 1/2 the channels too. He actually watched Ice Age II without the sound. There is a man with an imagination I tell you.

When we landed in Paris at 8:30am we marched our sleepy drunk (drunk from no sleep, not really drunk and about to drive) selves to the rental car place. The computer was down, so they couldn't tell us actually what we were going to be charged, but she is sure that it will be the same as on our receipt. Bien sur! Being the risk takers we are we decline the extra insurance and head out to find out little Citroen that will be our part time home while in France.

We then begin to drive to Nancy. I believe Nancy is about 3 hours from Paris. I say "believe" because we hit the road, got into a little morning traffic, then headed out. About an hour into it we needed coffee and a break. We stopped at a little roadside eatery thing. Those of you who have been on French highways will know that there is a gas station and typically a real restaurant thing near by. I get a cheese plate and a coffee, Cyr opted for an apple tart and coffee. I had to use the rest room of course. There I was greeted with the cutest little potty in France! It was right next to the baby changing station and was just for itty-bitty-butts! I took a picture but not sure if you can tell how small it is. You can see the little cleaner by it and those are usually about 2 foot tall. I wanted to put something next to it to show it's size but I wasn't about to put my purse on the ground in the rest room. Ewe, you will just have to use your imagination. Cyr thought I was nuts to take a picture but I just had to. :-)

We then get back on the road.

About an hour and half later I ask him; "how much further?" It says on the GPS but it seems odd we are so far. He taps expertly on the little gps making it blink and hop from screen to screen. How he knows that things so well amazes me. Then I hear; "Aach." then a "mumble, mumble" and maybe a "bordel" thrown in for good measure. Well friends, while we were taking our little break we wanted to be safe so we took the GPS in with us. Somehow it got all tapped about. Well, it had changed routes and was taking us to Lille. We had driven about 45 minutes out of the way. Please remember that this is after a 9 hour plane ride where Cyr got about 3 hours sleep and I didn't sleep at all.

I couldn't be angry, and I wasn't. I was however not a very patient or understanding person by the time we got to Nancy. I mean to tell you that I would have gotten out of the car and physically assaulted someone if they would have gotten in the way of our getting to the hotel.

Once we actually got there it was great. Here is a shot of our hotel room. High, high ceilings with crown molding, check out the door, it's put in at an angle. Odd eh?



The pictures of the room were taken on Day 2 of the trip due to sleepy irritation the day of arrival. I know you are not supposed to, but we fell into bed and had a good 3 or 4 hour nap. It was so tasty...but not as tasty as this:


Beer and fondue. Oh yeah. Welcome to France. Tune in next time for some animal fun!

8 comments:

Steph said...

I have nothing to say. Except JEALOUS about everything.

Buuuuuuuuut we'll have fun in Canada. In the Winter. Just you wait :D

Jane said...

I totally would have taken a picture of the tiny toilet.

I am so jealous of that fondue right now.

Amber said...

Hey Susan! It was great to hear from you! Looks like you guys had a nice trip back and congrats on your one year anniversary!

I'm teaching six classes this fall which has got me on my feet since i've got another job as well, and my kids drive me crazy some days! I hope your brother's friend is one of the good ones :)

How is life back in Houston? I heard you got a fancy new job! Are yall still thinking about coming back over here someday?

harada57 said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
pk69 slot said...

pk69 slot เกมสล็อตออนไลน์ ที่สุดยอด เราเป็นเลิศในผู้นำธุรกิจการให้บริการเกมสล็อตออนไลน์ pg slot 2023 สมาชิกใหม่เดี๋ยวนี้ มาแรงที่สุดที่ปี pg slot เกมสล็อตออนไลน์เว็บไซต์เรา

เกมส์ สล็อต PG said...

ทางเข้า pg slot auto มือ ถือ สู่โลกของเกมสล็อตบนมือถือด้วยทางเข้า pg slot auto มือถือ ค้นพบวิธีเข้าถึงและสนุกกับเกมสล็อตที่หลากหลายจากอุปกรณ์มือถือของคุณ PG เตรียมตัวให้พร้อมสำหรับการขี่ที่น่าตื่นเต้น

Pgslot แหล่งรวมสล็อตสุดฮิต said...

ยักษ์ 888 สล็อต ให้บริการเหมาะสมที่สุดในประเทศไทยจำต้องชูให้เว็บ ยักษ์888 (Yak888)ของพวกเราเป็นชั้น 1 ในเรื่องของบริการคาสิโนออนไลน์ครบวงจร pg slot ค่ายนี้มีความเชี่ยวชาญ

wow99 slot said...

wow99 slot พร้อมให้บริการเกมสล็อตที่เต็มกำลัง แหล่งพนันสล็อต wow99 จัดมาทุกชนิดทุกสไตล์ที่พร้อมทำให้นักเล่นการพนันทั้งหลายแหล่ในแวดวงพนัน pgslot ปั่นสล็อตแบบมือโปรง่ายมาก