Thursday, April 16, 2009

You can't keep me down! For long...

"Welcome home Susan!" screamed the streptococcal bacteria that has made it's home in my throat over the last week.

I forgot how bad strep is. I never hear about folks getting this in France, other than my Canadian friend of course. Always being unique she is (wink at ya Steph!). I had a small irritation for two days in my throat. Then on Monday night I woke up at 1:30am because I tried to swallow and thought maybe I was eating a cactus in my sleep. After a desperate call to my old doctor, and $75 later including $25 for antibiotics, it turns out I have strep.

The good thing is that at least now I know why I was so darn tired. I also have this weird eczema thing on a small part of my scalp. My friend Missy said her hubby has the same thing and suggested T-Gel. I went out and bought some. Turns out it works. Turns out I also smell like a dog that has just been washed with flea shampoo. I'm hoping I can use it every other wash so that I can have the Gee Your Hair Smells Delicious (am I dating myself here?) thing going on again.

So today I am feeling pretty good after three days of meds. So good in fact that I went to the little gym in our temporary corporate apartment complex and did a light workout for the first time in over a year. Oh my how the body deteriorates. I am on a mission though. I WILL have arms that look more like actual arms than legs before June. Do not expect pictures of this folks. The leg-arms shall be hidden until the unveiling on June 1st. Mark your calendars.

OH - we found a house!! We are going to rent for a while until we see what the future holds for us then maybe buy down the road depending on our stay here. We both love the house, it's big and in a good neighborhood. Although for the first time in my life I will be an "Outer Looper". Those of you in Houston know what I mean. We are not that far out though. Less than 2 miles actually...so I'm more like a "Close To The Looper".

This weekend is the International Festival (Ireland is the country this year - go peeps) AND the Spring Crawfish Festival. Not sure which, if any, we will do, but I'm looking forward to a good weekend. Did I mention that Cyr LOVES his job? It's a challenge but I know he will be a success.

Thanks again to all of you who have emailed and posted to me about continuing my blog. I love my internet friends and family. :-)

4 comments:

Jane said...

I'm beginning to think the sore throat that has kept me from being able to swallow for the past week might be strep. My office mate's kid had it a week or so ago, so it wouldn't be completely out of the blue. I am glad that you're feeling better!

BlondeInFrance said...

Oh man, I have to tell you that I totally imagined actual legs as arms, with feet instead of hands and it cracked me up. So no matter what your arms look like, they can't ever be that gross, lol. So chin up! (ooo, you should do some chin ups!)

Glad things in Houston are working out so great!

Missy said...

I feel slightly famous!

Susan in Lille said...

Jane - Get thee to a doctor stat! Ha, I got to use stat in a sentence...hope you feel better quickly.

Andromeda - HA! Picture not very toned legs with no calf definition. Cankles. Not really, I'm not that bad, but it's funny!

Missy - Awe! Well don't start forgetting to wear underwear and driving drunk... ;-)