Sunday, July 27, 2008

Another Wedding in France

Congratulations Bertrand and Ari!!

Cyr and I went to a wedding yesterday. The groom is from Dunkerque, the bride is from Guanajuato, Mexico and they live in Houston, Texas. Very international!

Cyr was in Brazil and flew in yesterday. We knew we were going to be late but the groom told us to come anyway. We missed the ceremony but arrived at the early part of the meal. We actually arrived during course 2 of a 9 course evening! It was amazing...some kind of melon drink to begin with. Actually, I'm so uncultured, it was probably a cold soup but it was served with a straw so in my book that makes it a drink. Then foie gras, I know it's cruel, but it's so delicious and I didn't want to be rude so I ate it. Then a fish dish, a sorbet, a meat dish and I remember the dessert was a chocolate mousse between two pieces of chocolate. Like a little tower of mousse...mmm, but I forget the other dishes for some reason. I know there were 9 though if you include the coffee. They had menus on the table and I counted. AND between each course there was dancing. I will have to post some of the pictures tomorrow. At one point they did a carnival thing and Bertrand's cousin pulled me out of the floor and we all marched around and hopped about while yelling something. I have no idea, but after a few glasses of wine I was singing in French so it didn't really matter I guess. We didn't leave until 4am. Man, those French can party! Actually the Mexico wedding she had in Guanajuato last year went until 6am. We went but left at like 2am. They are so much fun, I think they should renew their vows every few years because they throw great parties!

Today has been spent sleeping in and lounging around the house. It's too hot outside to do much else really. It's been a great day just being relaxed and being together. Ahh, l'amour...

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

sounds like fun! foie gras is one of my little ethical blips...it's so damn delicious, I just love it!