Thursday, July 31, 2008

Good ol' Texas

Well I made it back from Lille all the way to Houston. It was a long trip, but not too bad. Although I did have a Delta flight from Paris to Atlanta and the plane was not exactly new. Example: it had ashtrays in the arm rests. No kidding! The crazy thing was that it also had the little tv's in the back of the seats with a version of on demand movies and things. I say a "version" because they had the movies showing in intervals and you had to time when you started them. I only know this because I read this, I couldn't actually see the movies because the movie part on my little tv was broken. But back to my original thought; wow, they must have updated the seats with the tv's I guess because surely there was never a time when you could smoke on a flight and have your own tv.

I could however get the tv series. I skipped the Friends and Simpsons and watched CSI. It was a really good one, some guy was murdered and the killer made a miniature copy of the entire scene. Even used the vic's (like that use of the word "vic" as in "victim"? I know my stuff eh?) own blood inside the miniature of the room to duplicate the scene. I was involved and was glad it was a two parter because it ate the time. That is until I realized that they were not showing the second part. DAMN DELTA. I watched that stupid show 3 times hoping that maybe by some small miracle that the part II would show. Never happened. I think that might be because the small miracle was that my head did not explode due to the cabin pressure combined with a sinus infection.

When the lovely Delta plane landed (medium sized miracle) in Atlanta the first thing I did was find a place to buy antihistamines and Afrin. This purchase made the flight to Houston a little less painful. Flying west always seems so much easier. I don't sleep on the flight and by the time I get home it's time to go to bed so the next day I wake up and feel relatively normal. Today I had to drive around and do a few errands. I must say, after doing the little driving I have done in France, I am a brave and bad ass driver here now. Especially in my (I know it's cliche, but it does get good gas mileage) 4-runner. I probably won't get hurt, and I have insurance. Watch out all you crazy suburban drivers. I ain't scared...

3 comments:

Justin said...

Enjoy your time back in the US... eat some good Tex-Mex for me!

islandgirl4ever2 said...

Hey Susan!!!

Glad you made it back safe and sound... Have a great time!!!!

Anonymous said...

Glad you got back safe. That airplane sounds like it's in need of a bit of an update! There's nothing more frustrating that broken entertainment on a flight. I remember being on a KLM flight where the sound was broken for the movies so I had to try and guess what the hell the Dutch subtitles meant.