Friday, January 30, 2009

Random thoughts on Friday night...

Well it's Friday night and I'm on my way back to the Land of the Living after a visit to the Land of the Can't Breath Because of Lung Infection. Maybe it's because of this I find myself pondering some little things about life. I was just sitting here looking at my little cat Duncan and noticing how much he has grown.

I was also staring at his face and wondering; "Does he have a friendly face, or a face that says 'I would eat your liver if I could find it'?" I find him very friendly, but he is a cat. I have never had a cat, can you trust a cat? Really?

This train of thought lead me to the idea of human faces and if you can tell by a face what a person's personality is going to be like. Cyr has said something like "people with puffy lips are nicer people". Actually he said the negative thing about thin lips, but I was trying to be positive. And on the other hand I think my Mom has said "people with puffy lips are good kissers." I don't know, I think maybe there is something about "kind eyes" or a "strong jaw". This kind of makes me sad though. I hate that my packaging determines some of who I am. This is probably because I would like to change my packaging a little though. I also think maybe most people don't really know how others see them. This could just be me, but have you ever heard yourself on a recording or seen yourself speaking on camera and thought "Oh please, I do not sound like that" and then quickly added "Do I?"

End of ramblings for today, see you over the weekend!

3 comments:

Patricia said...

Hi Susan,
I was just looking at "La Voix du Nord" and read about all the people protesting in France. "Journee de greve". It still amazes me when I see all the people who protest in France. The streets are packed with people. Did you see any of it? Could you imagine people in the U.S. protesting like that in every state? I would love to meet you in Lille some time when we visit my inlaws, but unfortunately, we are not going to France until July! I will keep following your blog and hopefully we will meet one day! If you ever come to DC with Cyr we can show you around!

Kate said...

About people, I don't know that I could conclude anything definite. There's always that sweet-tempered thin-lipped person to wreck even the best assumption. Cats, though... I love cats, but I really do think they are always comtemplating us as possible prey. Maybe this is WHY I like them?

Susan in Lille said...

Patricia - sorry it took me so long to get back to you! About the big strike - I didn't see anything where I live, but that's because I live outside the city center and stayed in my house! The good thing is that the Lille Metro is privately owned so it did not stop working. The tram by my house though...that was slowed because it's Transpole. The photos from Paris were crazy...

kate - Ha...I think maybe that's why I like my cat. And yes, you are so right about the exceptions to the rules out there. Good to hear from you.